Distribution transformer low voltage bushing protection cover
Substation equipment is vulnerable to flashovers caused by accidental bridging of phases, or phase to earth. Usually made by birds, animals, vegetation or airborne debris, flashovers can be very expensive in terms of damage to equipment, reduced reliability and in some cases even electrocution of protected species.
Almost any event of this nature can be prevented by insulating the strategically vulnerable bare metalwork with a combination of the isolation protection covers.
Substation buhsing isolation protection covers made by United Electric are designed to protect the electrical connections from animals and corrosion and unexpected touch etc., to make electricity using in saver way.
• Easy and simple installation, tool free application, long service life.
• Covers are held in place with UV-stabilized plastic nuts and bolts, be easily removed for maintenance.
• Excellent UV and weather resistance, anti-tracking and wear resistance.
• Excellent pollution resistance and hydrophobic performance.
• Standard color: Red. Other colors are available upon to request.
Material test data
|Property||Test method||Typical data|
|Tensile strength||ASTM D 2671||≥12MPa|
|Tensile strength after aging||ASTM D 2671 (120°C /168hrs)||≥10MPa|
|Elongation at break||ASTM D 2671||≥400%|
|Elongation at break after aging||ASTM D 2671 (120°C /168hrs)||≥300%|
|Dielectric strength||IEC 243||≥12kV/mm|
|Volume resistance||IEC 93||≥1012Ω.cm|
|Flammability||IEC 60684-2 Method C||60sec max.|
|Low temperature flexibility||ASTM D 2671||-40°C, 4hrs, no cracking|
|Water absirption||ISO 62 (23°C /14days)||<0.5%|
Electrical test data
|Test item||Test method||Test result|
|Fault connection of other articles||Applied voltage 21kV |
loading time 1min
leakage current ≤2 mA
|Leakage current||≤2 mA||Pass|